Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kelly Canyon MTB and Ririe Reservoir

Click to enlarge and see the cows.
Sunday July 17 - Today I got up, packed up all of my gear and headed for Kelly Canyon MTB trails.  My bike rack from Walmart held up good enough.  Made me nervous though.  I drove about 30 minutes, 70 miles an hour out of town to Kelly Canyon ski resort NE of town.  When I got there, I drove up the mountain until I hit some gravel roads.  Found the parking lot and hopped on my new bike (see below).  I rode 1 mile all uphill until I was dead.  I stopped to breathe again and happened upon the trail across from where I was panting to death.  I took the trail about a mile and a half until I turned a corner and thought I saw a black bear.  Turns out it was a damn cow.  With 15 other cows.  One was staring at me.  One was mooing sort of aggressively and then the staring one took a few steps in my direction.  There were 2 other cows on the trail itself with no way around.  I don't know cows and didn't want to get stampeded (brand new bike).  So I turner around back the way I came.  When I got to the car, I looked at the maps and I'm not positive yet, but I think that was the wrong way anyhow. So that may have worked in my favor.

Check out my tracks here http://connect.garmin.com/activity/100181912.













When I left Kelly Canyon, I drove to the Ririe Reservoir.  It's a pretty good sized body of water with campsites and fishing.  Tons of boats were docked and cruising around the water.  Pretty nice area being so close to town.  I took some pictures and went home to do laundry.  End scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment